Creative direction, Branding and Web Design for Vitacost
MARCH 2012 - PRESENT
Optimization and rebuilding of the design team and workflow, including:
- Managed a team of 13+ artists: a Digital Design team consisting of 7 Graphic Artists, a Product Design team consisting of a Product Design Lead and up to 4 freelancers, and a Media Team consisting of 3 photographers and 1 videographer.
- Developed the team to have more specialized roles with new level structure.
- Optimized output through the creative use of templates and workflow processes.
In 2018, the internal creative department expanded its scope to accommodate projects from the Kroger Enterprise, including:
- UX/UI, Web banner production and art direction for Ship.Kroger.com
- Web banner production for Kroger.com.
- UX/UI, Web banner production and art direction for Direct.Fredmeyer.com.
- Developed a workflow process between the internal creative team and key stakeholders at Kroger Headquarters.
- Unified art direction, production templates, and team structure to accommodate a cross-platform approach to design.
- Became the key Internal Creative Department for digital design projects for Kroger.
Lead the complete rebranding of Vitacost.com, including new direction and philosophy on:
- Revamped the brand visual identity to be more relatable and relevant, along with regularly updated brand and style guides.
- Redesigned logo, website, and print materials that fall in line with the new brand.
- New product and packaging design for both new lines and existing products.
- Placed a focus on growing photography and video media as a core element to the brand.
- New UI consisting of modular components and standardized UI elements to replace banner ads across the website.
- Reinstated a discontinued catalog with a fresh look and feel and magazine-like editorial direction to great success.
- Redesigned Wordpress Blog to fall in line with new brand and content strategy.
UI/UX design lead for new ecommerce platform for Kroger, including any new eCommerce initiatives.
Optimization of workflows including:
- Moved to a template-based system of email design.
- 49% increase in customer engagement due to updated templates.
- 25% increase in mobile engagement due to responsive conversion.
Complete revamp of email code/design:
Creating of a project management system resulting in 200% increase in productivity for team. Fostered tighter relationship with the creative and technical teams.
- Concentration on marketing banner design and marketing email design.
- Streamlining of marketing banner production process.
- Social media campaigns and web page mockups.
2010 - Present
Developed and managed 12 websites.
Developed and managed 5 websites.